Mary Katherine (Kate) Bushey, Partner
Kate Bushey earned her law degree from Wake Forest University School of Law in 2004, after graduating from Saint Mary’s College in Notre Dame, Indiana in 2001 with a degree in Finance. Kate joined Kaman & Cusimano in 2006, where she has since focused her practice on community association collections, bankruptcy, and covenant enforcement. Kate enjoys focusing her career on community association law because it affords her an opportunity for her to work with a variety of people in various situations to develop real solutions to challenging problems.
Ms. Bushey uses her financial background and her trial experience to represent clients both in and out of the courtroom. She is a highly motivated and strong advocate, which leads to the ability to present the strongest possible case for associations whether in negotiations, motions, or in the courtroom. Her many years of collections experience has taught her to be firm but empathetic to get results for associations. Kate currently serves as co-chair of our collections department.
Kate recognizes the importance of having face-to-face interaction with board members and being accessible to clients. As a result, Kate spends many of her evenings attending board and annual meetings throughout Ohio. In these meetings, she enjoys educating board members by explaining the collection, foreclosure, bankruptcy, and general community association law procedures and providing viable solutions so boards can be more efficient and effective in operating their communities.
In 2014, 2015, and 2016 Kate was named as an Ohio SuperLawyers Rising Star, an honor conferred upon less than 2.5% of the attorneys in Ohio.
- Saint Mary’s College, Notre Dame, Indiana, B.B.A., Finance and Marketing, cum laude, 2001
- Wake Forest School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Admitted to Ohio Bar, 2004
- Admitted to Northern District of Ohio, Federal Court, 2008
- Community Associations Institute
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Saint Mary’s College Alumni Association – Cleveland Chapter
- Mahoning County Bar Association
- Trumbull County Bar Association
- Stark County Bar Association
- Portage County Bar Association